Friday, April 23, 2010

Here I go again

When I started study this year I chose subjects I knew I had some knowledge of yet could learn much more from - Australian History and Studies in Law. This morning I went to the library in search of anything to do with an individual and/or event which bought about law reform in Australia for a Studies in Law essay. Here I was thinking I had a clear idea that my essay would be on Mabo because its also relevant to Australian History and I know quite a bit already to help get me started. Nine books later I had all the info I needed then I spotted a book which had nothing to do with Mabo....put in the wrong section. This book is full of stories about how one person can be a catalyst for change. I picked it up and opened it to a random page and started reading..and kept reading till I finished two chapters..I no longer want to do this essay on Mabo....I know too much on that already and it feels like the easier option. So I am taking the harder option and going for something completely different that I have no prior knowledge of. Maybe I have too much energy...or simply need something else to do other than drink tea (which I have cut back to one cup or nothing a day)...whatever it is, its pushing me further to learn and I like it.
Recycled Tote - America Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment